- 750 g tomatoes250, Chopped
- 250 g capsicums, Chunks
- 60 g raw sugar200, Can add less or more
- 200 g vinegar, Can add more
- 100 grams sultanas, As little or as much as you like
- 1/4 level tbsp ground sweet paprika, Can skip this
- 1 level teaspoons whole cloves
- 60 grams water, Can add more
- 2 pieces chopped onions, Red and brown
- 1 piece Apple sliced, Green or red
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onions and apples for 5 seconds on speed 7.
Add tomatoes and pulse 2-3 times on turbo.
Add other ingredients (except ﬂour) and mix on reverse speed 5 for 3 seconds.
Cook for 30mins at Varoma temperature on reverse speed 1, with the MC replaced by the basket to stop splattering.
Cook for 10mins at 100°C on reverse speed 1 with the MC replaced by the basket.
Bottle in sterilised jars while the Chutney is still hot.
Seal the bottles when the Chutney has cooled down.
Tomato and Onion Chutney
Don’t follow other recipes with all the vinegar and water, way to runny. I also don’t have too sweet so small amount of sugar. Can have no capsicum and all tomatoes and can be a mix of tomatoes for more variation in taste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Simple Sardine Dip
- Tasty Seedy Crackers