- 1 --- brown onion, Cut in half
- 2 --- garlic cloves, Peeled, whole
- 3-4 --- red capsicums, Chopped roughly, deseeded
- 30-40g --- olive oil
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons dried oregano
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons dried basil
- 1 level tbsp sweet paprika
- 125ml white wine, dry, Optional or use verjuice
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 --- tomato passata, 700g jar
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 200-300ml --- water, Depending on desired consistency
- 1-2 level tbsp balsamic vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, garlic and capsicum to mixing bowl insert MC
3 sec/Sp 6.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Then add to bowl olive oil, basil, oregano, paprika and sauté 4min/100c/Sp 1 - MC off.
Scrape sides of bowl with spatula then add white wine - cook 3min/100c/Sp 1- MC off
Add tomato paste, passata and stock paste and place simmering basket instead of MC - Cook 20min/100c/Sp 1.
Once cooked add MC to lid and blend 1min/Sp 5 gradually increasing speed every 3-10sec until at maximum Sp 9
Repeat if necessary until desired smooth consistency.
Delicious on its own, but can add around 100ml fresh cream once cooked and added to Thermoserver or dish. Serve with pasta of choice and optional chicken (or add 400g raw diced chicken breast at step 2 like)
I freeze the sauce into large ice cube trays. I sometimes add to other recipes for extra flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Natural Almond Butter
- Never try another hummus again!
- Cajeta Envinada (Mexican Caramel Spread)
- Pub Style Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- English Salad Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Almond Sushi “Rice”