- 1 --- brown onion, Cut in half
- 2 --- garlic cloves, Peeled, whole
- 3-4 --- red capsicums, Chopped roughly, deseeded
- 30-40g --- olive oil
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons dried oregano
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons dried basil
- 1 level tbsp sweet paprika
- 125ml white wine, dry, Optional or use verjuice
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 --- tomato passata, 700g jar
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 200-300ml --- water, Depending on desired consistency
- 1-2 level tbsp balsamic vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onion, garlic and capsicum to mixing bowl insert MC
3 sec/Sp 6.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Then add to bowl olive oil, basil, oregano, paprika and sauté 4min/100c/Sp 1 - MC off.
Scrape sides of bowl with spatula then add white wine - cook 3min/100c/Sp 1- MC off
- Add tomato paste, passata and stock paste and place simmering basket instead of MC - Cook 20min/100c/Sp 1.
Once cooked add MC to lid and blend 1min/Sp 5 gradually increasing speed every 3-10sec until at maximum Sp 9
Repeat if necessary until desired smooth consistency.
Accessories you need
Delicious on its own, but can add around 100ml fresh cream once cooked and added to Thermoserver or dish. Serve with pasta of choice and optional chicken (or add 400g raw diced chicken breast at step 2 like)
I freeze the sauce into large ice cube trays. I sometimes add to other recipes for extra flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- Lemon Cordial