- 100 g Tasty cheese, cubed
- 25 g shallots, cut in 3rds
- 110 g Bacon Rashers (approx 3), cut in 3rds, fat removed
- 110 g Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed
- 150 g thickened cream
1. Make mini cob loaves using the RC 'Easy Everyday White Bread Recipe'
You can either roll into balls and place on tray or use 5 inch Round Cake Tin (this is what i used and it was the perfect size!)
2. Cut top off cob and remove bread from inside - try to pull bread out in bite size chunks (note - dont go to close to crust of you will create a hole)
If you are using a cold, pre-cooked cob loaf; arrange cob and lid on tray and bake at 180c until warm and golden all over
1. Chop cheese for 5 sec, sp 6 and set aside in bowl
2. Chop spring onions 3 sec, sp 6 and set aside in cheese bowl
3. Chop bacon 2 sec, sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and cook 6 mins, 100c, sp 1,
(nb; you may need to stop at 3 mins to scrape down sides)
4. Add cream cheese, thickened cream, cheese and sping onions to bowl. Combine 15 sec, sp 3,
5. Fill cob with half the mixture, place cob 'lid' on top, wrap in foil, scatter pulled out bread bits and any extra bread slices around cob and bake for approx 15-20 mins at 180c or until slightly browned
Accessories you need
You can freeze any extra cob loaves and filling for a quick and easy side dish or apetizer!
adding creamed corn to taste
substitute sour cream instead of thickened cream (though i have not made it this way so cant guarantee results
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.