- 250 g chicken livers, washed, sinew removed
- 250 g duck livers, washed, sinew removed
- 60 ml Chambord berry liqueur (or sherry)
- 60 ml port
- 60 ml cognac or brandy
- half a bunch of fresh thyme
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 g Ghee
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Extra Ghee
8Recipe is created for
Clean & wash the livers, put in a bown and cover with liqueur, port and cognac. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Put the livers into TM basket over the TM bowl and let all the alcohol drain for 5 minutes. Remove the TM basket with livers and set aside in a bowl. Add thyme in TM bowl and cook the fluid for approximately 8 minutes on speed 3 at Varoma Temperature to reduce its volume by about half. . Set aside.
Place garlic and onion into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 7, scrape down bowl with spatula and chop again for 4 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down bowl again. Add 40g ghee and saute for 3 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
Add livers, reduced alcohol, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp of ghee. Chop for 10 seconds on speed 7. Cook for 5 minutes at 100C on speed 4.
Place in a dish and cover with thin layer of melted extra ghee. Keep in the fridge.
Accessories you need
This recipe was inspired by the EDC Chicken Liver Pate, a Chicken Liver Parfait recipe and Maggie Beer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Tuna and Vegetable Muffins
- Onion gravy
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling