- 500 grams chicken livers
- 120 grams water
- 6 black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, Medium, cut into quarters
- 75 grams Bacon slices
- 250 grams Butter
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp allspice berry, ground
- 3 level tbsp brandy
- to taste salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wash chicken livers
- Place chicken livers, water, bay leaf, peppercorns and cloves in the bowl
- Cook at 95 degrees, speed slowest in reverse, measuring cup in for 18 minutes.
- Over the sink, tip contents into the simmering basket, strain liquid and remove bay leaf, peppercorns and cloves. Set aside.
- Rinse bowl
- Place garlic in the bowl and chop for 5 seconds at speed 5 then scrape down sides.
- Place onion and bacon in the bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 4 then scrape down sides.
- Add 30 grams of butter, run at speed 1, at 100 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken livers, mustard powder, nutmeg, allspice, brandy and salt to taste. Blend at speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Continue blending at speed 5-6 of another 10 seconds or so until the mix reaches a smooth consistency.
- Spoon into ramekins and cover to seal. Eat within 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Preparing the chicken livers
Bringing it all together.....
Hi...I adapted this recipe from "The Best Australian Cookbook for Diabetics and the overweight" written by Peggy Stacy. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Sardine Paté - Portuguese Style