- 280 g cashews
- 250 g filtered water
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) nama shoyu – similar to soy sauce but raw.
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
8Recipe is created for
Place cashews and water into TM bowl, and pulverise for 10 seconds on speed 8. Place mix into an open mouthed jar (1l), cover with plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band. Cover with a towel and keep in a warm place overnight.
Place onion, coriander and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Check to see if properly chopped, scrape down sides and chop again if necessary. Add remaining ingredients, including cashews and mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Serve in place of cheese on crackers or bread, in place of mayonnaise for salads, or as a base for dips. Will keep for 3 days in fridge.
The longer you ferment the cashews, the warmer the night and the longer you keep the cheese, the 'tangier' it will become.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Onion gravy
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup