- I will l ist ingredients per egg. I usually use 3 or 4 eggs at a time.
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mustard, (Dijon is my preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (or black if you do not mind the flecks)
- 20 - 35 ml vinegar or lemon juice
- about 250 ml oil I prefer a l ight olive or sunflower
8Recipe is created for
Put all the ingredients except the oil in the TMX Bowl
Put the MC in place
Set speed at 9
Pour the oil on the lid and it will dribble in
When about half of oil is in lift the MC and check. If it is starting to cling to the sides you can add the oil faster.
The more oil you add the thicker it will get. So you decide. Stick the spatula in and see how thick it is as you go.
This keeps well in the fridge. You can add flavours such as garlic, blue cheese or tomato paste. Add chopped pickles. It is a great basic for other dressings.
Due to a recent article regarding salmonnila in mayonnaise I did some research and found two important points to avoid this. First is that the acid content from lemon juice or vinegar needs to be a minimum 1 Tablespoon. That also assums big eggs so yes small eggs the qty of vinegar could be less. The second item which was a surprise to me was that the mayonnaise should NOT be stored in the fridge for 48 to 72 hours. It should remain at 22C or above. The document is found at //onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00473.x/pdf
I found this information in several places but this one was the best.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Cheesy Bechamel Sauce Double Batch
- Easy Caramelised Onions
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins