THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 40 grams olive oil
- 40 grams Butter
- 1 Small brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 grams cooked puy lentils
- 140 grams toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Cognac or Brandy, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the onion and garlic to the TM bowl and chop at speed 6 for 2 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl with a spatula and chop again at speed 6 for 2 seconds.
Add the olive oil and saute for 3 minutes at 98 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Add the butter and mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes at 90 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend at speed 8 for 12 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat blending until smooth.
Tasts, and add salt, pepper, and additional cognac, soy sauce, or lemon juice if it needs balancing.
Scrape the pate into a serving bowl and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
Accessories you need
The cognac is optional, but as David Lebovitz says, it does give the faux gras a little je ne sais quoi.
The pate will keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator. It can be frozen for up to 2 months, well wrapped.
Serve pate with crackers, hearty bread, or small toasts - ideally with shallot marmalade or a few pickles alongside.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Spanish Cheesecake
- Home-made Chai
- Spring Green Smoothie
- Dried pear, date and almond loaf
- Almond Berry Muffins
- Pea and Mint Croquettes
- Indian Cauliflower Rice
- Berry Green Smoothie
- Blueberry & Banana Breakfast Muffins (adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme)
- Warm Millet with Berry Compote
- Indonesian Mooncake
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream