- 500 grams Fresh Feijoa, Peeled and topped
- 400 grams sugar
- 1 piece Fresh lemon, Juice and Rind only, No pith
- 1 cube Approx 3cm piece of Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, Organic bean paste or Fresh Pod scraped and split
- 2 pods cardamom, Split open
- Water 120ml (1/2 cup)
1h 10minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place fresh lemon rind, no pith, in TM Bowl, 20 seconds speed 8, set aside
- Peel and place a 3cm cube of fresh ginger in TM bowl, 8 seconds speed 10
- Place a bowl on top of your TM and set tare weight to 0
- Place Feijoas, Lemon rind and Ginger into TM bowl
- Add remaining ingredients
- Place simmering basket on top in place of the MC
- Cook 45 minutes, 100, Speed 2
- Scrape down sides, 5min, Varoma, Speed 2
- Testing the jam: Insert a chilled/iced spoon into the jam and set aside to cool
- Remove the Cardmon pods and Vanilla pods if used
- Allow the jam to cool before placing in jar/jars.
- Carefully pour the cooled jam into a sterilized jar (approximately 850-865gram)
- Seal and place into the fridge for use
Lemon and Ginger
Add final ingredients and cook jam
Jar and Store
Feijoas are best if a little firm because the pectin level will be higher. However, dont be afraid to use ones that are slightly or even overripe in your jam. Just remove any large blemished areas of the fruit (the skin will be removed anyway so save as much flesh as you can).
Serve it with hot or cool scones, fruit toast, fresh bread or toasted with lovely serve of butter or cream or both!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.