- 1 heaped tablespoon pitted prunes
- 1 heaped tablespoon Currents
- 1 heaped tablespoon sultanas
- 1 heaped tablespoon raisins
- 1 heaped tablespoon red glace cherries
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dried apple
- 120 grams golden syrup
- 20 grams Corn Flour
- 150 grams water
- 1 Lemon Juiced (50g)
- 45 grams brandy
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Freeze fruit for 2 hours to make it easier to chop.
Chop for 15 seconds, speed 6, with MC on lid. Pieces should even and small.
Add brandy and stir 2 seconds, speed 1, "Counter-clockwise operation" . transfer to a bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside for 2-4 hours to soak.
Bring golden syrup to boil, 3 minutes, 100 deg, speed 2
Add water, cornflour and lemon juice
Cook 8 minutes 80 deg, speed 4 MC on, should be thickened, cook 2-3 minutes longer if required on speed 2, MC off.
Add reserved fruit and stir 30 seconds "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
Serves warm with vanilla or coffee ice-cream OR if dairy free, vanilla cake works well.
Making sauce and combining fruit
Accessories you need
You can select any fruit that you want, like apricots, dried cranberries, dates etc.
Sauce will keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge, if it lasts that long.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup