- 2 Red onions, finely sliced into rings or half rings
- 25 grams brown sugar
- 15 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 15 grams balsamic vinegar
- 50 grams tahini
- 1-2 garlic clove, large or 2 small
- 400 grams Chickpeas, drained & Rinsed (one tin), or soak &amp; cook your own
- Juice from 1 - 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle, ground, add less if you prefer or smoked paprika
- 50 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 ts of salt, to taste
- pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into the TM bowl except the sugar & cook for 30 mins Varoma reverse speed 2 with MC off. Add the sugar at the last 5mins & continue cooking.
Place garlic into TM bowl & process 2 secs on speed 7.
Add juice remaining hummus ingredients & process for 5 secs on Speed 5 or until desired consistency is reached.
To serve top with Balsamic Caramelised Onions.
Balsamic Caramelised Onions
You can make your own Tahini using sesame seeds & a little sesame oil as per vegetarian cookbook recipe.
Make at least a double batch of the onions so you have them ready top your dip next time you make it
Mill your own spices to make it even tastier.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Banana, oat and sesame balls
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- CITRUS HOMMUS (with Essential Oils)
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Goodness LCM Bars
- Marathon bliss balls
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)