- 60 g almonds, blanched or slivered
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- 60 g tahini
- 60 g white (shiro) miso paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (plus extra depending on taste)
- 120 g iced water
- Salt & Pepper
- sesame oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Process almonds into fin meal 4 sec/Sp 6
- Add chickpeas & garlic. Blend 4 sec/Sp 6
- Add tahini, miso, red pepper flakes & lemon juice. Blend 10 sec/ Sp 6 then scrape down sides.
- Blend 10 sec/Sp 6. Scrape down sides again.
Blend 30 sec/Sp 5 while pouring water onto lid around MC.
The water will trickle down into bowl. (Depending on the chickpeas, you may need more water).
Scrape down sides.
- Season & add sesame oil. Blend 1 min/Sp 4 to make mixture aerated & fluffy.
- Let the hummus sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving, or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Serve with the garnishes of your choosing:
-Extra-virgin ollive oil
-Flaky sea salt
-Coriander seeds or cumin seeds, roasted & cracked
-Ground sumac or za'atar
-Toasted sesame seeds, white or black, or pine nuts
- Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley & chives
-Assorted sprouts (such as mung bean, broccoli, alfalfa)
Umami-rich, slightly fermented flavour is a different take on hummus. Enjoy it with any of the above garnishes, some warm naan & a nice cold glass of white wine.
Recipe conversion from www.andrewzimmern.com/2015/05/12/hummus-white-miso/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Cheesy Bechamel Sauce Double Batch
- Easy Caramelised Onions
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Marathon bliss balls
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- Mango lassi
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Apricot almond cake with rosewater and cardamom
- Blueberry & Lemon Loaf
- Ricotta using lemon
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds
- Mum's Curried Chicken