- 250 grams onion quartered
- 200 grams leek
- 200 grams Celery
- 200 grams carrot
- 120 grams Butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. cut celery into 3cm lengths and place into mixing bowl 2 seconds/speed 5.
2.remove celery from mixing bowl using your spatula and hold in a container for later use.
3.Quarter onions and place into mixing bowl.
4. cut leeks into 3cm length and place in to mixing bowl with onions, add carrots than insert measuring cup 8 seconds / speed 5.
5. Add 120g butter at room temperature, remove measuring cup and place steaming basket 20 minute/varoma/ speed 2.
6. Add celery to mixture - hot heat from steam can scold, use spatula to prevent scalding 4 minutes/varoma/ speed 2.
7. Add tomato paste and cook 6 minutes/varoma/ speed 2.
1. Alternatives to Mirepoix varies on countries taste, Variations include garlic, capsicum, olive oil, leek, mushrooms. General rule is 2 (onion):1:1 ratio to other vegetables. This recipe uses 1/2 onion 1/2 leek.
2. When replacing carrot with mushrooms or leeks to create a white saue/stock.
3. Sometimes bacon and herbs can be added.
Mirepoix can be used for many sauces, soups and stews. As well as for braising meat, poultry or fish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Turkish haydari (thick yoghurt dip)
- Pandan Coconut Jam (Kaya)
- Ceasar Salad Dressing
- Salted caramel sauce
- Tomato Chutney
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Tamari Almond Butter
- Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Dip (low salt)
- Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- Black tahini
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- SALTED CARAMEL VODKA
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Curried Tuna & Rice
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- BASIC BEEF STEW
- Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce