- 3 red capsicums, cut into halves, deseeded
- 160 g Olive oil (light)
- 2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Whole Fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Hot paprika
- 70 g sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar, to taste (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 170C.
Place capsicum skin-side-up in a roasting pan and sprinkle with 25g of the olive oil and sea salt and roast for approx 45 minutes or until skin is blackened in spots and blistered. Place in bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside, whilst cooling skin should peel from flesh.
Place cumin and fennel into mixing bowl and toast 6 min/80C/"Gentle stir setting" . Allow to cool for 2 minutes then mill 1 min/speed 9.
Add paprikas, vinegar, garlic and reserved capsicum and puree 15-20 sec/speed 5 or until smooth.
Remove MC. With blades rotating on speed 2, slowly add oil through hole in lid until combined and glossy. Add sugar if desired.
Season to taste with sea salt and serve with vegetables, meat or fish.
Mojo Picon - Canary Island, Red Mojo dressing
Recipe contributed by Frank Camorra of Movida.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles