- 1361 grams tomato, Crushed or chopped, strained
- 680 grams onion, Diced, strained
- 454 grams sugar
- 1 Cup, Brown vinegar
- 1/2 Cup, Brown vinegar
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- This is an old converted recipe (hence the odd ingredient quantities) the tomato and onion needs to be strained Of as much liquid as possible. If you have the time, sprinkle strained tomato and onion with salt, leave covered 4-6 hours in strainer, to strain out excess liquid. Or if time poor, squeeze out in muslin cloth/fresh chux cloth. It reduces size a bit. It all fit quite safely and happily in thermie.
add strained tomato & onion to bowl, add 1 cup vinegar, and sugar. Combine speed 3-5, 5-10 seconds.
Boil 100 degrees 55mins, reverse speed 1.5.
put basket in place of mc, it will splutter.
while above is boiling, combine flour (or corn flour), curry, mustard and half cup (125ml) of vinegar in small bowl to make runny paste, if not runny enough, add a little of the boiling liquid.
this is then added at 55min mark, combine 10 seconds speed 3.
boil for further 10-12 mins 1.5
pour into prepared hot jars, seal.
Before you begin
Accessories you need
Hot wash jars, then put in oven at 150 degrees to sterilize before filling.
This recipe filled 12 x 230ml jars
delicious as a sauce on cheese platter, or in sandwich with cold meat, cheese and salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts