- 1000 g fresh tomatoes, (Quartered)
- 150 g red capsicum, (Deseeded, and roughly chopped)
- 1 red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 90 g white wine vinegar
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 85 g rapadura or coconut sugar
- 4 Garlic cloves peeled
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the tomatoes, capsicum, onion, dates, garlic and vinegar into the mixing bowl and chop for 5 seconds / Speed 7, then cook for 40 Minutes / 120 Degrees / Speed 2, placing the simmering / rice basket instead of MC onto the mixing bowl lid.
Add nutmeg, mustard, paprika, salt, ad sugar and cook for 20 minutes / 120 Degrees / Speed 2, keeping the simmering basket osn the lid in place of the MC
Remove the simmering basket, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend for 1 minute / speed 10. Gradually increasing the speed from speed 5 - 10.
Pour mix into a heat proof bowl and allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer into air tight jar or container and store in the fridge for up to 3 months. Enjoy x Nadia
Accessories you need
Reduce the sugar if you find it too sweet
Replace the onion with a leek, or add a bayleaf in step 1 for extra flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Tim Tam and Peanut Butter Brownie
- Rawlicious Raspberry Cheesecake
- Mango and Berry Smoothie
- Cinnamon and Cranberry Buns
- Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Bark
- Santas' Stew
- Nadias' Tikka Paste
- Nadias' Sweet Chilli, Ham and Cheese Scrolls
- Nadia Brown
- Nadias' Zuchinni Muffins and Slice
- Nadia's Thai Green Chicken Curry Parcels with Coconut and Lemongrass Rice