- 750 grams ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 375 grams brown onions, peeled and halved
- 180 grams cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 380 grams white vinegar
- 300 grams white sugar
- 60 grams sultanas
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder, (or wholegrain mustard, if preferred)
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Put tomatoes into the steamer basket and sprinkle with the salt. Leave overnight (or several hours) to drain.
Put onions and apples into mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 6.
Add drained tomatoes and chop for 5 seconds/speed 5.
Add vinegar, sugar, sultanas and rosemary (if using) and mix on reverse for 3 seconds/speed 4.
Remove MC and put steamer basket on lid. Cook for 30 minutes/100 degrees/Reverse/Speed 1-2.
Mix flour, curry and mustard to a paste in a bowl or shaker with a little water and add to the mixing bowl through the hole in the lid while mixing on Reverse/speed 2.
Cook further ten minutes on Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1-2.
Bottle into warmed sterilised jars and seal immediately.
I sterilise my jars by boiling them for about 5 minutes in a large boiler, then putting them into a warm oven to dry. It's optional, but I like to put my filled sealed jars back into the boiler, making sure the water comes at least halfway up the jars, and return to the boil for about 10 minutes. This is known as a water bath, and will ensure a good vacuum seal.
An easy way to fill your jars is to put your thermomix lid onto the jar and fill through the hole - saves lots of spills.[[wysiwyg_imageupload:861:]]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Old fashioned pan juice gravy
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream (refined sugar free)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath