- 1 Small brown onion, Cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g olive oil
- 700 g Beef mince, Premium not diet see tips
- 20 g Sweet chilli sauce
- 60 g tomato sauce
- 40 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 200 g red wine
- 1 tbsp stock paste, Your choice veg, or meat
- 1 can tomato soup, Heinz or continental type are good see tips
- 100 g water
- 1 package Dry Lasagne, Or use fresh but see tips!
- 250 g cheese, Diced
- 1000 g Milk
- 100 g plain flour
- 80 g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
1h 45minPreparation 55minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 160g fan forced
Add garlic and onion to bowl blitz 3 sec speed 7 scrape down sides
Add oil and sauté 3 mins 100 deg speed 2
Add meat cook 5 mins 120deg reverse slowest speed place simmering basket on top (not mc)
Add sweet chilli, tomato sauce, tomato paste cook 3 mins reverse 120deg keep using simmering basket on top for the remaining bolognaise steps.
Add wine and oregano and cook 5 mins 120deg, reverse
Add remaining ingredients and cook 100deg 15mins reverse keeping simmering basket on top.
When finished set aside and make béchamel.
Add cheese to clean dry bowl and grate speed 7 for 5 seconds, set aside.
Without cleaning the bowl add all other béchamel ingredients to bowl 12 minutes 100 deg speed 3
Add small amount of bolognaise sauce to dish, layer with lasagne sheets (used dried lasagne, see notes) then some béchamel, then handful of cheese, and repeat.
Bake in 160 degree oven for 50 minutes.
Accessories you need
* I use a normal or premium grade mince, I find that the diet mince/heart smart with low amounts of fat breaks up too much and you'll end up with a very fine sauce,
*you may find the bolognaise quite wet, by using dry lasagne sheets they will absorb the moisture. If you decide to use fresh lasagne sheets I'd suggest to omit the 100g water.
*I've been using this recipe for many years. Our family love it. I understand that it doesn't have any hidden veg, if you want to add some veggies go ahead. We have this as a sometimes meal. The original recipe came from Pete Evans' Mum (you can google it, and was clearly made before he became paleo!) I have made a few changes and converted to Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry