- 340 grams onions, white
- 70 grams Butter, for sauteing
- 150 grams Butter, melted
- 5 grams thyme, dried
- 700 grams chicken livers
- 100 grams brandy
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 140 grams fresh cream
1. Chop onions 5 sec/sp 4
2. Add butter and saute 5 min/sp 1
3. Add thyme, liver, salt and pepper
4. Saute 5 min/sp 1
5. Add brandyand saute 3 min/sp 1
6. Blend mixture 20 sec/sp 7
7. Melt 120 g of butter and add it to the mixture, stir 2 min/sp 2
8. Add cream and stir 1 min/sp 2
9. Spoon mixture into ramekins (or other containers) and pour the remaining melted butter on top to cover.
10. You can add a sprig of fresh thyme for decoration (as per the picture).
This recipe is a courtesy of my dear friend who makes the best Russian chicken liver pate ever from her 'babushka's' recipe!
Accessories you need
Soak chicken livers in salt water for 1 hour to clean. Its better to devain the livers before cooking.
This pate will keep in a fridge for a few weeks provided that the melted butter cover is not broken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Butter
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)