- 150 g raw sugar
- 1 orange, zest (strips) and juice
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 red chilli
- 400 g beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 1 green apple, quartered
- 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Corriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200 g red wine vinegar
Chop sugar and rind 10 secs, speed 9, set aside
Chop onions and chilli 5 secs, Speed 7, scrape down
Add beetroot and apple. chop 5 secs, Speed 5
Add all other ingredients, including sugar and rind
Cook 60 mins, 100 degrees, Speed 1, MC off and basket on
Check that beetroot is soft, cook extra time if required.
Pour into sterile jars and refrigerate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Chocolate Grand Marnier Truffles
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Vegetable Curry - Pav Bhaji Style
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Mushroom and Cheese Dip
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter