- 3 brown onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g birds eye chillis, stems removed
- 20g fish sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Using a dry frypan on high heat, fry the onions, garlic, tomatoes and chillies until slightly blackened, turning often. Alternatively you can put them under a hot grill for about 10 minutes, keep an eye on them to make sure they don't go too black.
Place the grilled veggies into the TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 6.
Add the fish sauce and lemon and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3.
Taste to see if extra lemon or fish sauce is needed and adjust to taste.
Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This sauce is a great condiment to add to any dish - rice, noodles, steak, chicken, fish, eggs, vegetables - anything you like!
This is a traditional Thai chilli sauce so should be a good mix of sour and salty and is very hot and spicy!
For a milder sauce, deseed the chillies. You can use fresh or dried frozen chillies for this recipe.
A teaspoon of pickled mud fish sauce can be added when you add the regular fish sauce and lemon. This is traditional and can be found in Asian supermarkets. It is a fermented freshwater fish paste with a distinct strong smell and taste (not unlike shrimp paste or anchovies) used in traditional Thai cooking.
If you enjoy this recipe, please do come back and let me know what you thought - all feedback is welcome
Come and say hi at my facebook group "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for more great recipes and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY