- 3 brown onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g birds eye chillis, stems removed
- 20g fish sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon mud fish sauce
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the grilled veggies into the TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 6.
Add the fish sauce, lemon and mud fish sauce and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3.
Taste to see if extra lemon or fish sauce is needed.
Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This is a traditional Thai chilli sauce so should be a good mix of sour and salty and is very hot and spicy!
For a milder sauce, deseed the chillies. You can use fresh or dried frozen chillies for this recipe.
Pickled mud fish sauce can be found in Asian supermarkets. It is a fermented freshwater fish paste with a distinct strong smell and taste (not unlike shrimp paste or anchovies) used in traditional Thai cooking.
If you enjoy this recipe, please do come back and let me know what you thought - all feedback is welcome
Come and say hi at my facebook group "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for more great recipes and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH
- TASTY BEEF LASAGNE