- 3 brown onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g birds eye chillis, stems removed
- 20g fish sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Using a dry frypan on high heat, fry the onions, garlic, tomatoes and chillies until slightly blackened, turning often. Alternatively you can put them under a hot grill for about 10 minutes, keep an eye on them to make sure they don't go too black.
Place the grilled veggies into the TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 6.
Add the fish sauce and lemon and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3.
Taste to see if extra lemon or fish sauce is needed and adjust to taste.
Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
This sauce is a great condiment to add to any dish - rice, noodles, steak, chicken, fish, eggs, vegetables - anything you like!
Accessories you need
This is a traditional Thai chilli sauce so should be a good mix of sour and salty and is very hot and spicy!
For a milder sauce, deseed the chillies. You can use fresh or dried frozen chillies for this recipe.
A teaspoon of pickled mud fish sauce can be added when you add the regular fish sauce and lemon. This is traditional and can be found in Asian supermarkets. It is a fermented freshwater fish paste with a distinct strong smell and taste (not unlike shrimp paste or anchovies) used in traditional Thai cooking.
If you enjoy this recipe, please do come back and let me know what you thought - all feedback is welcome
Come and say hi at my facebook group "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for more great recipes and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY