- 1 packages tamarind pulp
- 2 onion, Peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 30g oil
- 50g soy sauce
- 600g sugar raw
- 6 fresh red chilli, Optional
1h 25minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Soak tamarind pulp in 1 cup water. Squeeze and break up the pulp
Strain pulp into a clean bowl
Return the pulp to original bowl
add 1/2 cup water, squeeze and loosen tamarind pulp
Repeat 4-6 times until pulp juice is clear
Discard pulp and retain the strained pulp puree
- Put onions, garlic and chilli into thermomix bowl
- Replace lid and MC
Mix for 2 seconds Speed 3
Scrape lid and sides
- Add 30g oil
Brown onion, garlic and chilli
5 minutes 100 degrees speed 2
- Add tamarind puree, sugar and soy
Replace lid and MC
Cook for 30 minutes 100 degrees Speed 2
- Scrape lid and sides
- Now to thicken sauce
Replace lid and steamer basket
Cook 30 minutes Veroma Speed 2
- Scrap basket, lid and sides and check consistency.
- If too runny: Cook a further 5 minutes veroma speed 2
- Keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the right consistency is reached.
- Store in sterilised jar in fridge.
Can keep for 6-12 months.
- Use on grilled lamb and lamb satays
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Green Fig Marmalade with Orange
- Peach Jam
- Mustard Sauce
- Variation Peach Butter
- Spicy Pear Chutney
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste
- Fathers Favourite Sauce
- Nut and seed butter
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Beetroot Burgers
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Coconut Sambal
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago