- 1 packages tamarind pulp
- 2 onion, Peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 30g oil
- 50g soy sauce
- 600g sugar raw
- 6 fresh red chilli, Optional
1h 25minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak tamarind pulp in 1 cup water. Squeeze and break up the pulp
Strain pulp into a clean bowl
Return the pulp to original bowl
add 1/2 cup water, squeeze and loosen tamarind pulp
Repeat 4-6 times until pulp juice is clear
Discard pulp and retain the strained pulp puree
- Put onions, garlic and chilli into thermomix bowl
Replace lid and MC
Mix for 2 seconds Speed 3
Scrape lid and sides
Add 30g oil
Brown onion, garlic and chilli
5 minutes 100 degrees speed 2
Add tamarind puree, sugar and soy
Replace lid and MC
Cook for 30 minutes 100 degrees Speed 2
- Scrape lid and sides
Now to thicken sauce
Replace lid and steamer basket
Cook 30 minutes Veroma Speed 2
- Scrap basket, lid and sides and check consistency.
- If too runny: Cook a further 5 minutes veroma speed 2
- Keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the right consistency is reached.
Store in sterilised jar in fridge.
Can keep for 6-12 months.
- Use on grilled lamb and lamb satays
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Spring time spinach cob loaf