- 70 grams savoury yeast flakes, (nutritional yeast flakes)
- 50 grams unsulphured blackstrap molasses, from supermarket or health food shop
- 10 grams Tamari soy sauce, or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon vegetable stock concentrate, or veggies stock cubes
- 25 grams water
- 1 tablespoons Hatcho miso
- For different types of Mighty Might, Choose one
- 100 grams butter for a spreadable premixed spread, OR
- 20 grams omega rich oil, like flax or chia OR
- 50 grams mild or tasty cheese, grated with yeast flakes
Recipe is created for
- In the bowl of your Thermomix weigh in the yeast, molasses, tamari, miso and spoon in the stock concentrate and the water. If using powdered stock add 1 tsp extra water.
- Cook for 4 mins./70°C/speed 2. It should be smooth and well mixed. Blend for another 4-6 secs./speed 4 only if needed.
- Spoon into a clean jar and store in the fridge.
- Spread on crackers or sandwiches with butter or cheese (or how your kids like their Mighty Might).
- If adding cheese, blend it first with the yeast flakes before you add the rest of the ingredients. Proceed as normal.
- If adding butter then simply whip it in at the end for 6 secs./speed 4. As the Mighty Might is hot you don't need to soften the butter.
- For OMEGA Mighty Might add the flax or chia oil at the end and mix in or 6 secs./speed 4
Accessories you need
This is a really fantastic savoury yeast and veggie spread. Savoury yeast flakes, also known as nutritional yeast, are a good source of B Vitamins. Molasses is high in Iron and your EDC stock gives it the "Veggie". Using Tamari or soy and not salt makes it much lower in sodium than some "Aussie" spreads that are not even Aussie owned.
Making your own Mighty Might is super easy and quick and it is 100% Australian made and owned! (LOL)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Pizza dough thin and crispy
- Strawberry Yoghurt (with nesquik)
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Green Smoothie
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Oat Milk (Mylk)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup