THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 grams red onion, to be browned in TM6
- 250 grams granny smith apples, washed, cored & cut into quarters
- 1000 grams vine ripened tomatoes, to be oven roasted
- 1 red capsicum, to be oven roasted
- 100 grams sugar raw
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 200 gram apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 100 grams sultanas
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, I use Maldon's sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2h 20minPreparation 50minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Remove stalks etc from tomatoes and capsicum. Cut capsicum in half and place on lined baking tray (you can drizzle with EVOO) along with tomatoes.
Bake for approx. 30 mins on 160 degrees celsius.
TM6 - Using Cookidoo Browned Onions (200g) with your red onions.
If TM5 or TM31, you can brown in a saucepan with EVOO or just add the onion fresh.
Remove skin from tomatoes and capsicum but keep tomato skin, cut capsicum in to 8 strips and set all aside
- Place apple in
Place tomatoes, capsicum and onions in , chop for 5 secs, Speed 5.
Add all other ingredients, including mix for 3 secs, , Speed 4.
Remove MC and place either simmering basket or varoma dish on top to prevent splashes.
Cook for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Now increase temperature to Varoma, and cook for another 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Now prepare your 2-3 jars by washing and placing jars in oven for 15 mins at 140 degrees. and chop for 5 secs, Speed 6.
- Test the consistency of the chutney by spooning a tablespoon of it onto a dish, then place it in the fridge for 5 minutes. If it's still too runny, keep cooking at Varoma for 5-10 minutes and check again.
When chutney is finished, carefully remove hot jars from oven and place on wooden chopping board. Fill jars with chutney and put cleaned and dried lids in place.
Allow to cool 30 mins on board and then refridgerate.
Use with 4 weeks of opening jar.
This variation was created from the original but with a caramelised flavour in mind. So it has oven roasted tomatoes, capsicum and the onions are browned in a TM6
Accessories you need
Makes approx. 4 x 300g jars
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Green Fig Marmalade with Orange
- Peach Jam
- Mustard Sauce
- Variation Peach Butter
- Spicy Pear Chutney
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste
- Fathers Favourite Sauce
- Nut and seed butter
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Zucchini Pickle
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free