- 80 g Dried prawns
- 30 g dried scallops
- 50 g prosciutto, or Chinese smoked ham, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 5 small red chillies
- 80 g Chinese shaoxing wine
- 10 g palm sugar
- 50 g black bean paste
- 35 g soy sauce
- 80 g peanut oil
- 50 g sesame oil
Place the dried prawns, dried scallops, prosciutto (or ham), garlic, shallots and chillies into the TM bowl. Chop for 4 seconds/speed 8.
2. Scrape down and add the wine, palm sugar, black bean paste and soy sauce. Pulse to a coarse paste.
3. Add the peanut oil. Cook for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add two MC water (that is, 200 grams). Cook for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
5. Add the sesame oil and mix for 20 seconds/speed 1.
6. Pour the XO sauce into a clean bowl. Allow to cool for immediate use, or transfer into a sterilised jar and seal. (To sterilise jar, wash the jar and its lid in hot soapy water, rinse well, then dry in an oven heated to 110 degrees/Gas Mark ¼.) The sauce will keep for a month or more in the fridge.
This recipe is by Dani Valent from 'In the Mix Great Thermomix Recipes' on page 224.
Further tip from Dani:
There are 8 cloves of peeled garlic in this recipe, so this is a good time to talk about the magical garlic peeling properties of the Thermomix. Put unpeeled cloves in the TM bowl and spin on Reverse/speed 4/MC off for about 5 seconds. Most skins will separate from the cloves. Continue for another few seconds if necessary. Pick out peeled cloves and rinse bowl or fill the bowl with water: the skins will rise to the top and can be easily scooped out.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops