- 80 g Dried prawns
- 30 g dried scallops
- 50 g prosciutto, or Chinese smoked ham, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 5 small red chillies
- 80 g Chinese shaoxing wine
- 10 g palm sugar
- 50 g black bean paste
- 35 g soy sauce
- 80 g peanut oil
- 50 g sesame oil
Place the dried prawns, dried scallops, prosciutto (or ham), garlic, shallots and chillies into the TM bowl. Chop for 4 seconds/speed 8.
2. Scrape down and add the wine, palm sugar, black bean paste and soy sauce. Pulse to a coarse paste.
3. Add the peanut oil. Cook for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add two MC water (that is, 200 grams). Cook for 10 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
5. Add the sesame oil and mix for 20 seconds/speed 1.
6. Pour the XO sauce into a clean bowl. Allow to cool for immediate use, or transfer into a sterilised jar and seal. (To sterilise jar, wash the jar and its lid in hot soapy water, rinse well, then dry in an oven heated to 110 degrees/Gas Mark ¼.) The sauce will keep for a month or more in the fridge.
This recipe is by Dani Valent from 'In the Mix Great Thermomix Recipes' on page 224.
Further tip from Dani:
There are 8 cloves of peeled garlic in this recipe, so this is a good time to talk about the magical garlic peeling properties of the Thermomix. Put unpeeled cloves in the TM bowl and spin on Reverse/speed 4/MC off for about 5 seconds. Most skins will separate from the cloves. Continue for another few seconds if necessary. Pick out peeled cloves and rinse bowl or fill the bowl with water: the skins will rise to the top and can be easily scooped out.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles