- 100 g sesame seeds, dry roasted
- 10 g thyme leaves
- 10 g sumac
- 1 tsp lemon salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Dry roast the sesame seeds, starting with a small cold saucepan, and over a high heat. DO NOT walk away. Swirl seeds around to ensure an even toast (TM doesn't quite get hot enough for this step).
2. Add all ingredients to TM bowl. Turbo 0.5 seconds, twice.
3. Store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
Use in the same manner as dukkah.
Sprinkle on top of foccacia before baking.
Use as a spice rub on chicken, red meat, or fish.
Mix with olive oil to make a paste, and spread on wraps.
Add to salad dressings.
What is lemon salt?
Firstly, it's really expensive at the supermarket! I just zested one lemon, combined with rock salt, and stored in an airtight jar. Over time, the lemon flavour will intensify in the salt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Light Fruit Cake
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken
- Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Tom Kha Gai - a Thai chicken and coconut milk soup (Paleo)
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Coffee Ice Cream (or any other flavour you can dream of!)
- Cornbread - moist and sweet
- Watermelon and Lime Margarita
- Spicy Corn Fritters (recipe converted from "Chin Chin - The Book. Recipes by Benjamin Cooper"
- Susan's Double Choc Mint Hot Chocolate Mix
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Immuno-stimulant Potato and Leek Soup
- Sambousik (Meat & Pine Nut Pastries)
- Spinach and feta swirl loaf
- Gluten Free Roast Chicken with Sumac
- Mama's Spinach/Spinach and Fetta Pies
- Gozleme with Lamb and Feta
- Middle Eastern Inspired Pizza
- Quinoa Tabouli Wraps
- Pork and chicken Pesto Parcels with Cauliflower "Rice" and steamed Snow Peas
- Za'atar Spice Mix
- Middle Eastern Lamb Meatballs