- 300 grams of zucchini, roughly chopped
- 300 grams of tomatoes, peeled
- 2 Medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium apple, cored and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 90 grams of soft brown sugar
- 140 grams of white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 heaped teaspoons of ground corriander
- 1/2 level teaspoon of chilli powder
1h 0minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion and garlic to the bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 5
Add apple and zucchini and chop 5 seconds speed 4
Add tomatoes and chop 5 seconds speed 4, scrape down bowl
Now add the spices and the vinegar and blend 4 seconds, speed 3
Cook 30mins, 100 deg, speed 2 - MC off basket on top
Scrape down the sides and cook for a further 25mins, 100deg, speed 2 - MC off basket on top NOTE you may wish to have a taste at this stage if you like a sweeter chutney add perhaps another 25-30grams of brown sugar
Pour into a steralised jar - The chutney gets better the longer it sits but is fine to use now
Accessories you need
Easy way to peel tomatoes is place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water - let them sit for a couple of minutes and pour off the water and the skins just slide off
Chutney is wonderful with any meatpoultry and as a spread or dip also perfect with cheese
If you make this recipe please pop back with a comment and rating - Thank you
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Cranberry Bread
- Apricot and Brandy Jam (seriously delicious)
- Cheesy Garlic Potato Gratin
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- German savoury Meat loaf
- Avocado Dressing
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist