- 1 cauliflower (800 - 1000 g), (cut into florets, include stem)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, (or olive oil)
- 1-2 shallots
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
3) Add half the prepared cauliflower. Chop 4 Secs/ Speed 5 (NOT REVERSE).
Open bowl and check. Chop for another 1 Sec if needed. Scrape out processed cauliflower into a bowl.
4) Add the rest of the prepard florets into the TM bowl. Chop 4 Secs/ Speed 5. Open bowl and check. Chop for another 1 sec if needed.
5) Fit butterfly (remove some of the chopped cauliflow to make this easier if needed)
6) Add the reserved chopped cauliflower back into the bowl. Add salt and water.
7) Cook 5 Mins/ Varoma/ REVERSE/ Speed 1.
Adjust seasoning and cook a further 1 minute/ Varoma/ REVERSE/ Speed 1 if desired
9) Remove butterfly. Mix contents with spatula. Serve.
Accessories you need
This is an idea as much as it's a recipe. It is rather different to other recipes for "cauliflower rice" on recipe community and Internet sites.
My aim was to produce a low carb steamed rice alternative, without a boiled cauliflower taste.
Make your own adjustments or try your own twists. Please share any good ideas!
Variation 1: Add a little vegetable stock paste instead of salt - this might change the colour of the "rice" but is a tasty option.
Variation 2: Fry some fennel or cumin seeds with the shallot to ad some exotic character.
Variation 3: Over to you!
Half quantities: Suggest 5 mins cooking time as for the full recipe.
Leftovers: Amazing Cauliflower Rice keeps for several days in the fridge and reheats well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Festive Baked Chicken Thighs
- Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Coffee Yoghurt: TM+EasiYo
- Corned Silverside - Pastrami-Style
- Thick & Easy Milkshake
- Pot Set Yoghurt - the easi way!
- Varoma Bacon, Eggs and Tomatoes with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Breakfast Lamb's Kidneys
- Old Fashioned Milkshake
- Lime Coconut Mayonnaise
- Pizza Dough (extra fluffy) 4 bases
- Chai Syrup
- Skinnymixers Coconut Curried Sausages
- Susanne's Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
- Variation Thermomix Mock Cream
- Choc Coconut Protein Balls
- Variation Homemade Coffee Latte for 1
- Cooked red cabbge
- “Wild” Chicken Salad
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Semolina Cake
- Singapore Hokkien Mee