- 1 cauliflower (800 - 1000 g), (cut into florets, include stem)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, (or olive oil)
- 1-2 shallots
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
3) Add half the prepared cauliflower. Chop 4 Secs/ Speed 5 (NOT REVERSE).
Open bowl and check. Chop for another 1 Sec if needed. Scrape out processed cauliflower into a bowl.
4) Add the rest of the prepard florets into the TM bowl. Chop 4 Secs/ Speed 5. Open bowl and check. Chop for another 1 sec if needed.
5) Fit butterfly (remove some of the chopped cauliflow to make this easier if needed)
6) Add the reserved chopped cauliflower back into the bowl. Add salt and water.
7) Cook 5 Mins/ Varoma/ REVERSE/ Speed 1.
Adjust seasoning and cook a further 1 minute/ Varoma/ REVERSE/ Speed 1 if desired
9) Remove butterfly. Mix contents with spatula. Serve.
This is an idea as much as it's a recipe. It is rather different to other recipes for "cauliflower rice" on recipe community and Internet sites.
My aim was to produce a low carb steamed rice alternative, without a boiled cauliflower taste.
Make your own adjustments or try your own twists. Please share any good ideas!
Variation 1: Add a little vegetable stock paste instead of salt - this might change the colour of the "rice" but is a tasty option.
Variation 2: Fry some fennel or cumin seeds with the shallot to ad some exotic character.
Variation 3: Over to you!
Half quantities: Suggest 5 mins cooking time as for the full recipe.
Leftovers: Amazing Cauliflower Rice keeps for several days in the fridge and reheats well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Pizza dough thin and crispy
- Strawberry Yoghurt (with nesquik)
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Green Smoothie
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup