- 4-8 Hard boiled eggs, Peeled and left whole
- 1 x 425g can sliced beetroot, Drained, juice and slices set aside
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 medium onion, Peeled and sliced
- 250 g malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh dill leaves
8Recipe is created for
1. Combine reserved Beetroot juice, onion, vinegar,salt & pepper, mustard seeds, caraway seeds and cloves in the .
2. Cook on Varoma/5minutes/ .
3. Meanwhile, place 1/2 the sliced beetroot in a large lidded jar and add 1/2 the eggs (or all the eggs if only using 4).
4. Add 1/2 the hot beetroot juice mixture, including the onions and spice mixture.
5. Add the dill and bay leaves.
6. Add remaining eggs (if any) and top with remaining sliced beetroot and beetroot/ onion juice mixture.
7. Leave until cool enough to handle and then store in the fridge for a couple of days before eating, so that the flavour can develop.
A trip down memory lane..
Not something my German Mum Heidi made, but she certainly loved them...I remember as a child, our elderly neighbour made them often, from her fresh eggs, and we were the lucky recipients when she had lots to spare.
So many ways to enjoy these.
On their own, in a salad (with tuna is nice) or just sliced and in a sandwhich with the onions and beetroot...Mmmm..
Follow me on FaceBook at "Thermify me breadwinners" for bread rolls and yeast based recipes.
And check out my new ebook on breadmaking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip