- 220 g French Green Lentils
- 1050 g water, (approx.)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 55 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into halves
- 500 g stock of choice
- 360 g carrots, cut into thin slices
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper, Pinch white pepper
- fresh mint, for garnishing
8Recipe is created for
Insert simmering basket, then weigh lentils into it. Add water until lentils are just covered. Cook 15 min/100ºC/speed 2. Drain lentils and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place coriander seeds and garlic into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec/speed 8.
Add oil and onion and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Without measuring cup, sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add all remaining ingredients, except mint and cook 30 min/90ºC//.
Transfer into thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and cover and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve garnished with chopped mint.
Natural Greek yoghurt is also a great accompaniment to this dish.
Other users also liked...
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon