- 220 g French Green Lentils
- 1050 g water, (approx.)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 55 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into halves
- 500 g stock of choice
- 360 g carrots, cut into thin slices
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper, Pinch white pepper
- fresh mint, for garnishing
8Recipe is created for
Insert simmering basket, then weigh lentils into it. Add water until lentils are just covered. Cook 15 min/100ºC/speed 2. Drain lentils and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place coriander seeds and garlic into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec/speed 8.
Add oil and onion and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Without measuring cup, sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add all remaining ingredients, except mint and cook 30 min/90ºC//.
Transfer into thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and cover and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve garnished with chopped mint.
Natural Greek yoghurt is also a great accompaniment to this dish.
Other users also liked...
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Fermented cucumbers
- Vegan Brown Rice, Quinoa & Pumpkin Salad
- lchf blueberry red cabbage coleslaw
- Broccolini Salad
- Bean Salad with hazelnut dressing
- Easy Wombok Salad
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf