- 1 large cauliflower, in florets and white stalk chopped
- 200 grams water
- 20 grams Butter, or coconut oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Sushi vinegar pre mix, for Japanese or 'Sushi' Rice
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste + Mexican spice mix, for a Tex-Mex twist
- 6 threads of saffron, soaked in 1 Tbsp warm water, for a Spanish twist
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, for an Indian style rice
- 1 tablespoon each toasted sesame seed oil and tamari soy sauce, for Asian themed cauli rice
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit and nuts, for a Middle Eastern pilaff style rice side
Recipe is created for
It is important to get the right texture. The key to this is how you chop your cauliflower.
Place the chopped stalks of the cauliflower in the mixing bowl first then top with the florets.
Chop at speed 4 for 20-30 seconds. Take a look and see if it is fine enough. Repeat for 5 second burts until the cauli is fine like rice.
Tip the cauli rice into the basket and add 1000 grams of water to the bowl.
Steam for 25 mins./Varoma/Speed 3
OR you can cook it directly in the mixing bowl by adding 200 grams of water and cooking for 20 mins/100C
Strain and tip into your Thermoserver where you can season it.
For simple buttered rice simply add butter and season with salt and pepper.
You can make sushi or 'Japanese' Cauli Rice by adding sushi vinegar (mirin, rice wine vinegar and sugar pre mixed). Add this mixture to taste once the rice is cooked.
Make Mexican red rice by adding 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and a Mexican spice mix during or after cooking.
Make Spanish rice by adding a few saffron threads while cooking and season with olive oil not butter. Dress with a littel orange juice if you like.
Make Indian rice by adding a teaspoon of turmeric powder before you cook it.
Make Asian themed rice by seasoning with 1 tablesooon toasted sesame seed oil and 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce. You can also add garlic and ginger or spring onion.
Make a Middle Eastern pilaf style rice side dish by stiring through choped nuts and chopped dried fruit after cooking (pine nuts, pistachio, almonds, apricot, dates, figs, currants etc.).
Please comment with your variants!
Can be served in a variety of ways with any dish you would normally have rice with. Can be flavoured like any kind of rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry