- 1 --- carrot
- 1/2 --- red onion
- 1/4 sugarloaf cabbage
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 bunch broccoli florets, small bunch
- 1/2 apple
- rocket, handfull
- walnuts, handful
- Greek yoghurt, dollop
- balsamic vinegar, good quality
1. Place chunks of carrot into the TM bowl. Process on speed 4-5 for 2-3 seconds or until desired size.
(I always process the carrots on their own as I like to cut them fairly fine, but i you don't mind big chunks of carrot they can be added with the other vegies altogether).
2. Add the rest of the vegetables and the walnuts or nuts of choice (and the yoghurt if the salad is to be served immediately), leave half of the rocket for garnish, process for 3-4 seconds on speed 4.
3. Take off the lid of the Tm and check the consistency. Sometimes you may need to stir or redistribute the contents and process for another 2 seconds to get an even mix.
4. Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt drizzled with the balsamic vinegar..So yum!!
This is my yummy variation of a cross between a broccoli salad and coleslaw...I dress it with yoghurt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, it is so yum, I even had it for breakfast today!! Leave out any vegetable you do not like or substitute with another. It's about finding the mix you love.
add more apple for a sweeter salad, or a firm pear is nice too...but pear won't keep as well as apple.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Nut free “orange” bliss balls
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins
- Fruit & Veggie Muffins (based on Super Healthy Kids recipe)
- *BEST* Chunky Carrot Cake Recipe
- Variation Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie