THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 shallots
- 2 red chili
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste, toasted (optional)
- 1 portion dried shrimp, (about 1/2 rice bowl or 1 measuring cup)
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
1. Peel shallots and garlic, cut chili into half and seed them. Rinse dried shrimp, and drained.
2. Put spices (shallot, garlic, chili, shrimp place) into TM with 1tbs of oil and chop for 20s on speed 5.
3. Add dried shrimp in TM and chop for 20s on speed 5.
4. Pour remaining 2 tbs of oil in TM.
5. Cook for 30mins on 100 deg, speed 1.
6. Add sugar, and soy sauce (soy sauce will add a bit of colour to the sambal, but it's optional), continue to cook for 30mins on 100 deg, speed 1.
This is a nice condiment to go with steamed rice, or use as bread spread, or even use as an ingredient for stir frying vege to add a Malaysian taste.
This is a pretty volatile recipe, you can adjust the ingredients to your own liking.
I prefer my sambal dryer, but if you prefer something wetter, you can add in the sugar after the 1st 30minutes, and then cook for another 5mins, and you are done.
This can be stored in bottle and keep well in fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Prisca's Plain White Rice
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free