THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 shallots
- 2 red chili
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste, toasted (optional)
- 1 portion dried shrimp, (about 1/2 rice bowl or 1 measuring cup)
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
1. Peel shallots and garlic, cut chili into half and seed them. Rinse dried shrimp, and drained.
2. Put spices (shallot, garlic, chili, shrimp place) into TM with 1tbs of oil and chop for 20s on speed 5.
3. Add dried shrimp in TM and chop for 20s on speed 5.
4. Pour remaining 2 tbs of oil in TM.
5. Cook for 30mins on 100 deg, speed 1.
6. Add sugar, and soy sauce (soy sauce will add a bit of colour to the sambal, but it's optional), continue to cook for 30mins on 100 deg, speed 1.
This is a nice condiment to go with steamed rice, or use as bread spread, or even use as an ingredient for stir frying vege to add a Malaysian taste.
This is a pretty volatile recipe, you can adjust the ingredients to your own liking.
I prefer my sambal dryer, but if you prefer something wetter, you can add in the sugar after the 1st 30minutes, and then cook for another 5mins, and you are done.
This can be stored in bottle and keep well in fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Apple Tea Cakes
- 15 second Berrylicious muffins
- Fruit slice
- Keto Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Thai Green Curry
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara