- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- 1.5 tbsp Moroccan Seasoning
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 800 g silverbeet, One large bunch, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, leaves only
- 400 g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 20 g fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 turkish bread, see recipe on my profile
- 200 g Greek yogurt, to serve
If you are making your own Moroccan spice mix, do this step first, then set aside.
Place onion, garlic cloves and chilli into the Thermomix bowl, and chop for 3sec/speed 6
Add oil and sauté for 6min/varoma/speed 1 without the MC in place
Add moroccan spice mix (store bought or homemade) and tomato paste, and sauté for an additional 30sec/varoma/speed 1 Without the MC in place
Coarsly chop the silverbeet, and add half into the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 3min/100 degrees//speed 1 using your spatula to push down the silverbeet, keep adding the remaining silverbeet through the hole until everything has been incoorporated.
Add chickpeas cook for 3min/100 degrees//speed 1 add the lemon juice in the last 20 sec
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with Turkish bread and Greek yogurt
Moroccan Spiced Silverbeet
Accessories you need
This is a great dish to have as part on a larger table of nibbles, and serve like on the photo.
You could also add in an extra half can of chickpeas without problems.
See my other recipes for Turkish bread and homemade Moroccan Spice mix if you wish to make these from scratch as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Thermo Papa's Spinach "Monsta" Pasta Sauce
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)