- 1 onion, quartered
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, whole
- 35 g vegetable oil
- 2 - 400g tins of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed OR
- 400 g cooked dried red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 2 MC of water
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop 3 sec, speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and cumin. Saute 3 mins, 100oC, speed 1.
Add beans, water, salt and pepper. Cook 5mins, 100oC, speed 1, .
Blitz 10 secs, speed 7, . Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat until desired consistency.
Enjoy as a side dish to enchiladas, nachos ,tacos.
Allow extra time for soaking (overnight) and cooking dried beans.
Amount of water added depends on desired consistency.
For an extra mexican flavour add mexican seasoning. Add chilli for some heat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Prisca's Plain White Rice
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce