- 1000 g red potatoes, peeled, quartered.
- 1 brown onion, peeled, quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 100 g spelt flour, or wheat flour
- 30 g parmesan, pre-grated in TMX
- 3 Rashers bacon quartered, rind removed, small diced.
Place all ingredients except bacon in TM bowl and mix for 30 secs on speed 5, with the aid of the spatula.
Add bacon, and mix for 15 secs on speed 4 till all bacon is mixed through.
Heat a mixture of 1-2cm flavourless oil and ghee in a pan till hot, and fry 2-3 tbs of rosti mixture for 3-4 mins each side, till brown, crispy and cooked in the middle. Rosti should be soft in the centre, and not "stodgy".
Serve while hot with Ketchup or tomato relish.
Accessories you need
If you mixture is too wet, add a little extra flour. It should resemble a chunky fritter mixture, with some moisture. If your mix is too dry the rosti will be very stodgy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Steamed Cheese Custard
- Thai Prawn and Vege Flu Fighting Soup
- Quick Parmesan Spelt Bread Rolls
- Paleo Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Chai Latte
- 3 Ingredient "Paleo" Choc Icecream
- Spinach, Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- Massaman Curry
- Thermomix Sushi
- Moreish Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Empanada Pastry
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!