- 250 g Tasty cheese, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 small bunch silverbeet, washed well, stems removed and sliced
- 4 slices bread
- 2 rashers Bacon
- 1 recipe Bechamel Sauce (Everyday Cookbook, p58)
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 180-200 degrees C. Grease medium (22cm) casserole dish.
Place tasty cheese into TM bowl and grate for 8 seconds on speed 8. Set aside. Wash bowl.
Place silverbeet into Varoma Receptacle. Cook eggs according to Everyday Cookbook, p15, with Varoma in place. (Cook for 14 minutes at Varoma temp on speed 2)
While eggs and silverbeet are cooking, cut bread into small cubes and dice bacon.
At the end of cooking time, place eggs in cold water to cool and place silverbeet in Thermoserver.
Cook 1 recipe Bechamel Sauce.
Peel and slice eggs while sauce is cooking.
Assemble the casserole in layers in the following order:
1/2 of the bread cubes, 1/2 of the silverbeet, 1/2 of the sliced eggs, 1/3 of the Bechamel, 1/2 of the cheese, remaining silverbeet, remaining eggs, 1/3 of the Bechamel, remaining cheese, remaining Bechamel, remaining bread cubes, bacon.
Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until bubbling and bread and bacon are golden brown.
This is a family favourite generally reserved for Christmas, Easter or other family get-togethers.
Serve as a side dish - goes beautifully with roast meat and ham.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Marathon bliss balls
- Leftover roast fritters
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Thai green mango salad
- Robyn's Rissotto
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Broccoli Tabouleh
- Mashed potatoes
- Pumpkin Seed Snack (Like MUNCH brand)
- Kale Broccoli Salad with Avocado Goats Cheese Dressing
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Black Forest Scrolls
- No Knead Sourdough
- Multigrain Bread
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Mini fruit brioche
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Creamy chicken Kiev