- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 handful of Corriander, stems and all
- 20 grams olive oil
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 20 grams brown sugar
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 125 grams Vermicelli noodles, prepared as per package instructions
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 package spring roll pastry sheets
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grate carrots and cabbage, 5 seconds/speed 5 (repeat if necessary). Set aside in a small bowl.
Add garlic, onion and coriander to the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Add oil and saute 4 minutes/100°C/speed 1, MC OFF with steaming basket in its place
Add fish sauce, white pepper and palm sugar and cook 30 seconds/ 100°C/speed 1 until sugar is dissolved, MC OFF with steaming basket in its place
Meanwhile, soak vermicelli noodles in a large bowl of boiling water until softened (I like to use my thermo server for this as it keeps my water hot)
Drain the noodles and cut into short lengths using scissors
Add grated carrots and cabbage mix, 5 seconds/speed 5.
Add filling mixture to the bowl of prepared vermicelli noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle with spring onions then leave to cool
Assemble spring rolls using a damp tea towel to keep the spring roll pastry sheets moist and prevent from sticking together.
- To fold spring rolls, place pastry sheet on a diagonal and add filling at one end folding the top corner over the mixture. Fold each side in then roll until spring roll is formed. You could seal with water or a small smear of olive oil if required.
Shallow fry in a frypan until golden brown or Airfry for 8 mins on 200C, turning half way through cooking process (I love using the AirFryer for these).
Creating the mixture
Assemble the Spring Rolls
Cooking your Spring Rolls
Accessories you need
I like to make these in a big batch and freeze individually wrapped in baking paper (to make easy to pop out without tearing). These take no time at all to defrost.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- SEHAM’S POTATO BAKE
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce