- 70 grams raw walnuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 80-100 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 150 grams quinoa
- 500 grams water
- 20 grams stock concentrate either veg or chicken
- 2 sticks celery stalk, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon or lime, juice to taste
- 150 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Place walnuts in dry TM bowl and roast for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed soft. Once walnuts are cooked, Turbo, 1-2 seconds until roughly chopped. Set aside (you may like to use these as a garnish otherwise add to the salad bowl).
Place garlic cloves and parsley in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place sun-dried tomatoes in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 6. Add to garlic and parsley in the salad bowl.
Measure quinoa, water and stock in TM bowl and cook for 25 minutes, 90oC, speed 2.
While quinoa is cooking, slice celery and add it to the salad bowl with lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper.
Add cooked quinoa to the ingredients already in the salad bowl and toss to combine with the crumbled feta. Top with walnuts.
This salad could be served hot or cold.
And naturally you can add additional ingredients such as sweet corn kernels, thinly sliced carrot, broccoli...
I'm just serving it up with some leftover cooked chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread