- 8 shallots, - Char Grill with skin on and peeled after.
- 6 cloves garlic, - Char Grill with skin on and peeled after.
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste, - Belacan (in malay)
- 2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 6-8 2 small dried chillis
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (Optional)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 Lemon Grass (whole), (Bruise root stem with back of knife. Cut all of it into 5-6 inches long)
- 4-5 mushrooms
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 200gm Prawns, (Can add more if you want)
- 1 litre water, (boil first)
- fish sauce
- lime juice
- few sprigs of cilantro/coriander
1. Throw everything into the TM, except for salt and oil .
2. Chop for 10 seconds, speed 6-7. Scrape down. Chop for another 5 seconds at 6-7. It should be a pulpy stage.
3. Add oil and cook for 6 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
4. Taste and add salt, if necessary.
1. Add boiled water and bruised lemon grass and cook for 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 1, reverse.
2. Add mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of nam prig pow, and cook for an additional 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 1, reverse.
3. In the mean time, squeeze lime juice and add fish sauce into each bowl. Add a few sliced chilli padi (bird's eye chilli) for extra heat.
4. Add prawns, and cook for 2 minutes, varoma, speed 1, reverse.
5. Pour into individual bowls and garnish with Coriander. If your guests prefer more salty or sour, have ready fish sauce/lime juice.
Nam Prig Pow
Tom Yum Goong
This is a clear, authentic, clean Tom Yum goong version, mostly consumed in Thai households.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Malaysian Thick Satay Peanut Sauce
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- Mantau (Steamed Plain Chinese Buns)
- (Converted) Adam Liaw's Char Siu Pork Neck
- Steamed Mua Chee (Glutinous Rice Dollops with Peanut Sugar Crumbs)
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies