- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 100 grams brown onion, cut in half
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 500 grams water
- 1 tbsp Vegemite/Marmite
- 200 grams Leek, chopped, white part only
- 200 grams Sweet Potato, peeled, chopped
- 250 grams Agria potatoes, peeled, chopped, (2x large)
- 3 bacon rashers, finely sliced, cooked separately on stovetop
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Almond/Coconut milk to thin
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / Spd 7
2. Scrape down sides with spatula. Add coconut oil and saute 5 min / Varoma / Reverse speed 1
3. Add water and Vegemite
4. Add leek and potatoes; place simmer basket on top instead of MC
5. Cook 20 min / Varoma / Spd 1
6. Prepare bacon by cooking on stovetop until crisp. Drain and set aside on paper towel.
7. Replace simmering basket with MC
8. Puree 1 min / Spd 4 increasing gradually to Spd 9
9. If too thick, thin with a little milk/almond/coconut milk.
10. Taste first, you may like a little sea salt and pepper. Serve hot, sprinkled with crispy bacon pieces.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.