- 800g coconut cream (2 tins)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (whole)
- 40g fresh galangal, peeled and sliced into thin coins, OR 2 teaspoons galangal powder
- 20g lemon juice
- 40g fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 fresh chilli roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part only, cut into small 2cm pieces
- 400g chicken fillets, breast or thigh, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g champignons, fresh or canned
- fresh coriander, mint or basil leaves, to serve
- extra sliced fresh chilli, to serve (optional)
Recipe is created for
Place coconut cream, lime leaves, galangal, lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli and lemon grass into TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Place TM simmering basket into TM bowl and place chicken in basket. Cook 15 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Add champignons to the basket with the chicken and cook a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Check that the chicken is cooked through, then remove basket and place the chicken and champignons into thermoserver.
Taste to see if extra lemon juice, fish sauce or sugar is needed. If soup is too thick, add a little more water or coconut cream.
Strain the remaining liquid through the simmering basket into the thermoserver and discard the aromatics.
Garnish with fresh coriander, mint or basil leaves, and extra sliced fresh chilli if using.
Accessories you need
**Soup can be eaten on its own or served over rice for a more hearty meal.
**If you try my recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and rating - I appreciate your feedback!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH