- 1 litre chicken stock
- 40g Fresh galangal, peeled and chopped into thin coins
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, whole
- 2 Stalks of lemon grass, white part only, bruised and cut into 3cm pieces
- 60g lemon juice
- 20g fish sauce
- 1 or 2 Fresh red chilli, roughly chopped
- 300g Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 150g champignons, sliced in half
- Fresh coriander and sliced fresh chilli, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place chicken stock, galangal, lime leaves and lemon grass into TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Add lemon juice, fish sauce and chilli and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Place TM simmering basket into TM bowl and place prawns in basket. Cook 5 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Add champignons and cook a further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed 2.
Remove basket and place the prawns and champignons into thermoserver.
Taste to see if extra lemon juice, fish sauce or chilli is needed. It should have a hot and sour flavour.
Strain the remaining liquid through the simmering basket into the thermoserver and discard the aromatics.
Garnish with fresh coriander and extra sliced fresh chilli if using.
SEE TIPS BELOW FOR VARIATIONS
Accessories you need
Spicy Chicken Soup (Tom Yum Gai) - replace prawns with 400g chicken fillets (breast or thigh) cut into 2cm pieces and cook in basket as per the recipe for 13 minutes and continue with the rest of the recipe.
Spicy Pork Soup (Tom Yum Mu) and Spicy Beef Soup (Tom Yum Nua) - replace prawns with 300g sliced meat strips and cook in basket as per the recipe for 11 minutes and continue with the rest of the recipe.
This is a traditional authentic Tom Yum which is meant to be hot and sour - adjust aromatics if a less punchy flavour is preferred.
If you make this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and rating - I appreciate all feedback!
Come and check out my facebook page "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for more great recipes, hints and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Cauliflower and bacon soup LCHF
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds
- WW 2SP Chilled Cucumber Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Mel's Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH