- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1000 grams water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 200 g red lentils
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, garlic cloves, and bacon in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
2. Add olive oil and saute 3 mins/100C/speed 2.
3. Add carrots and celery and chop 6 sec/speed 4. Add water, Vegetable stock paste, lentils and black pepper and cook 15 mins/100C/reverse/speed 1 or until lentils are tender. Serve.
Accessories you need
May be frozen for up to 3 months
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup