- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, Ghee or Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes, or to taste
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, including stalk, around 500-600 g, cut in florets.Stalks cut
- 300 g red skin potatoes, peeled and halved
- 200 grams water
- 1 heaped tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ML), Alternatively: make your own in TM
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- to taste Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 300 grams dessicated coconut
- 1,5 litre water
- 50-100 gram Red Quinoa, or white or tri-colore Quinoa
- 2-4 heaped tbsp Toasted Coconut flakes
- to taste Himalayan salt
- to taste black pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak Quinoa for 30 min or overnight in TM simmering basket.
2. Add 900 gr water to mixing bowl and place simmering basket with Quinoa in place.
3. Cook 18-23 min/Varoma/speed 4 (reduce cooking time to 14-16 min for white quinoa).
4. Season with salt and pepper and Set aside.
1. Place onion, garlic and chilli flakes in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and saute 3 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
3. Add cumin and coriander and saute 1 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add broccoli and potato and chop 5 sec/speed5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add water and stock paste and cook 10 min/100C/speed 1.
6. Add Coconut milk and cook for another 2 min/100C/Speed 1.
7. Check that the Bowl contents does not exceed maximum quantities. If really full, take half out, Blend soup 1 min/speed 9, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9 (and repeat with other half if necessery).
8. Mix cooked quinoa with coconut flakes and add a couple of heaped table spoons to each serving.
see Quirky Cooking, p. 25
Red Quinoa Topping
Broccoli & Coconut Soup
homemade coconut milk
*Replace Red Quinoa & Coconut Topping with other toppings, like Lentil & Lemon; homemade Dukkah or some finely chopped raw broccoli, coconut & fresh chilli. Be creative!
* Always check maximum quantities when blending hot soups/liquid. if necessery blend in 2 lots. safety first!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto