- 150 grams brown onion, cut in half
- 20 grams olive oil
- 600 grams Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- 180 grams desiree potatoes, chopped
- 180 grams sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 300 grams water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste (see basic cookbook)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon Lite sour cream, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Wash, peel and chop vegetables. No need to peel the potatoes. Chop into pieces that will fit through the hole in the lid of your bowl.
Place onion in the bowl and chop 3 seconds / speed 5
Scrape down sides of the bowl with spatula then add in 20g olive oil, put on measuring cup and saute onion 3 minutes / 120 degrees / speed 1
Add butternut squash, sweet potato and potato to the bowl. With measuring cup on, chop 15 seconds /speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add in vegetable stock paste and water plus salt and pepper to taste. Cook 20 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1, measuring cup on.
Add in sour cream (if using) then blend with measuring cup on for 30 secs / speed 5 increasing speed gradually to 7 (or up to speed 9 if you want the texture to be more fine).
Butternut squash, sweet potato and potato soup
Serve with crusty bread or sprinkle with sunflower seeds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup