- 1 leek, White section only, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil/butter for greasing
- 400 grams cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 turnip (or swede), peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 500 grams water
- dash paprika, optional
- Salt & Pepper optional, to taste
- Chop Leek for 4 seconds on speed 5 and scrape down sides
Add oil/butter and cook 2 minutes, 100 C on Speed 1. While that's cooking, I prepare the turnip and cauliflower.
Weigh in the turnip and cauliflower. Measurements can be approximate. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 5-6
Add stock and water, cook 20 minutes, 100 C, speed 1.
Add paprika, salt & pepper as required and turn the dial slowly up to blend for 1 minute on speed 10.
Note: I have made this without the turnip and it needed the addition of cream at the end. With the turnip, it has a beautiful creamy consistency.
This is also nice served with a bit of parmesan cheese.
My stock paste is made with reduced salt from EDC recipe so if yours is full salt, you may want to reduce the quantity of stock, and definitely don't add anymore salt to it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers