- 1 leek, White section only, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil/butter for greasing
- 400 grams cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 turnip (or swede), peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 500 grams water
- dash paprika, optional
- Salt & Pepper optional, to taste
Chop Leek for 4 seconds on speed 5 and scrape down sides
Add oil/butter and cook 2 minutes, 100 C on Speed 1. While that's cooking, I prepare the turnip and cauliflower.
Weigh in the turnip and cauliflower. Measurements can be approximate. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 5-6
Add stock and water, cook 20 minutes, 100 C, speed 1.
Add paprika, salt & pepper as required and turn the dial slowly up to blend for 1 minute on speed 10.
Note: I have made this without the turnip and it needed the addition of cream at the end. With the turnip, it has a beautiful creamy consistency.
This is also nice served with a bit of parmesan cheese.
My stock paste is made with reduced salt from EDC recipe so if yours is full salt, you may want to reduce the quantity of stock, and definitely don't add anymore salt to it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup