- 1500 grams fresh clams, in shell or I can of canned clams
- 1 level tablespoon olive oil
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped roughly
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 350 grams fish stock
- 400 grams Milk
- 150 grams cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
8Recipe is created for
Sort Through clams and discard any which are already open ( these are dead and should never be used). Put the remainder in the Varoma dish and cook for 10 -20 minutes on sp3 with 1.5L boiled water in the TM bowl. Remove them as they open. Discard any that do not open. Reserve the water from the TM bowl and remove clam meat from the shells, discard the shells.
Place quartered onion and garlic in TM bowl. Chop for 1 sec on sp 8. Measure in olive oil and sautee on 100deg for 10 mins on sp 1.5. Place roughly chopped bacon in bowl and chop 1sec on sp4 -5. Cook on Varoma for 8 mins on sp 1.5 on reverse. Add cubed potatoes, milk, fish stock and 350gm reserved clam cooking liquid.( if using canned clam meat, make up liquid from can with water) Cook at 100deg sp 1.5 for 20 mins on reverse with simmer basket on top. Cook a further 10mins on 90deg at sp 1.5 on reverse till liquid is slightly reduced.
Add clam meat, cream, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1min at 80 degs on sp 1.5 on reverse. Place 1/4 cup of parsley in TM bowl and stir on sp 2 on reverse.
Serve immediately in soup bowls and sprinkle remaining parsley on top.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Do not cube potatoes too small as it breaks down a little as it cooks.
Always use simmer basket on top of lid when cooking hot dishes to prevent splatter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Bak Kwa(Chinese Pork Jerky)
- Homemade Chinese Fish Balls
- Kuih Seri Muka adapted to the Thermomix
- Ondeh Ondeh adapted to the TM
- Adapted Claypot Chicken Rice
- Adapted Rainbow Cheesecake
- Upside-down sticky orange sponge cake(adapted)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake
- Topsy Turvy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Chorizo, cumin and tomato rice(Cajun dirty rice)
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Keto Scrolls - Mozarella Fat Head Dough
- Variation Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- ALMOND GRANITA
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets