- 1 onion, Cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g Butter
- 500g diced Kent pumpkin
- 200g diced sweet potato
- 400g coconut cream, (Aldi)
- 100g water
- 1 tbsp TM stock concentrate
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Recipe is created for
- 1. Add onion and garlic to "Closed lid" . Chop speeed 5 for 3 secs. Scrape bowl down
2. Add the 30g butter to "Closed lid" and cook for 5 min 100°C sp1
3. Put coconut cream, water, stock concentrate and turmeric into "Closed lid" and put diced pumpkin and sweet potato into steaming basket.
4. Place steaming basket into "Closed lid" and cook for 22mins Varoma sp4
5. Check pumpkin and sweet potato are cooked and using spatula to remove the steaming basket, tip them into "Closed lid"
6. Blend 1 min sp 9 MC On, increasing speed gradually.
Accessories you need
I like a thicker soup and that's what this recipe produces using the Aldi brand coconut cream. If using an thicker coconut cream(Ayam) or like a runnier soup you might like to add more water.
I recently read that vegetable soups always taste sweeter when the vegetables are hand-chopped for cooking, rather than grated down in the Thermomix prior to cooking. I find this to be true which is why I like to dice and steam in the basket. If this doesn't bother you, feel free to skip steaming the veg and chop in the thermomix for 10secs sp6 after step 2 and then carry on with adding liquids.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Turmeric Broth (Blade Cover)
- Kombu Dashi/Katsuo Kombu Dashi (Dried Kelp/Bonito Stock)
- Thai Zucchini Coconut Soup
- Thicken fish soup with tomatoes and eggs
- FRESH OR FROZEN PEA AND HAM SOUP
- Coconut curried pumpkin and sweet potato soup
- ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Kale and Zucchini Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup With Chorizo
- Spicy Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Beetroot Soup
- Walnut Crescent Cookies
- Choc. Peanut Butter Crumble Balls
- Best Ever Banana Cake with Frosting
- South African Milk Food - Frummel Melkkos
- Russian custard
- Chloe’s Caramel Fudge
- Nutri-Grain Bars
- Banana & Plum Breakfast Bars
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Sweet Green Detox Juice
- Broccoli and Corn Nuggets
- Spicy Tea (Masala Chai)