- 2 sprigs parsley, (handful)
- 1.2 litres water, boiling from kettle
- 2 tbsp chicken or veggie stock paste
- 500 g chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 40 g Butter, diced
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 130 g Pouring Cream
Add parsley to bowl and blitz 2 secs / sp 7. Set aside.
Add boiled water & stock paste to bowl then add the chopped chicken to the basket and place in bowl. Poach 10 mins / 100°C / sp 2. Move chicken around to make sure it's all cooked. If any pink bits remain simply cook as above for a couple more minutes.
Set chicken aside in basket. Set hot stock aside in large jug.
Return chicken to bowl and shred 4 secs / sp 4 / "Counter-clockwise operation" . Set aside.
Add about 500g of the reserved stock back to the bowl. Add butter and flour and mix speed 6 - 7 or until the butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
Cook 5 mins / 100°C / sp 4.
Add another 500g reserved stock, lemon juice, shredded chicken, parsley and cream. Cook 3 mins / 100°C / "Counter-clockwise operation" / sp 1.
Enjoy with crusty buns and thick butter!
Accessories you need
Make this quicker by cooking the chicken on another day OR save time later by cooking more chicken for sandwiches later on.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Lemon Curd